Wednesday , October 5 2022

Alzheimer's disease successfully detects before diagnosis


Shooting of human brains through the PET shooting

In the early stages of Alzheimer's patients, thousands of PEETs The images were used by researchers for their AI training. (Photo: Radiological Society of North America)

BerlinIt is important to find early in the fight against Alzheimer's disease. If it is still detected early continuous dementia, at times medications can reduce their medications.

"When Alzheimer's disease is diagnosed only when there are obvious symptoms, the brains will be too big, it will be too late to intervene effectively," says Jai Ho Son.

The doctor has developed a new tool for Alzheimer's disease along with his group from the University of California, San Francisco: an adaptive algorithm that predicts precisely dementia years before the diagnosis of a doctor of dementia years.

Researchers also researched the microscopic metabolic changes in the brain. Such changes are made using imaging techniques known as positron emission tomography (PET).

Almost seven factors for Alzheimer's

Nevertheless, the remnants of early illness are very weak, even with experienced professionals, even impossible to identify them. "Biomarkers define the disease are easy to find for humans," says Sony. "But metabolic changes are a very precise process."

Data from their Alzheimer's Disease Neuromerative Initiative (ADNI) has researched by their artificial researchers. In addition, this data collection contains thousands of PET images of Alzheimer's patients in the early stages of illness. 90 percent of these recording were used by researchers to train the algorithm. The remaining 10 percent should be achieved.

The last 40 pictures submitted for final examination were to analyze 80 films. This effect explains the Son the following way: "In order to ensure that Algory is trusted in a case of Alzheimer's disease."

Without a 100% success rate, doctors tried to understand all these cases beforehand. Six years before the disease was diagnosed, these symptoms were identified. "We were delighted with this effect," says the son. However, the doctor must know that the test series is relatively small, and more experiments have to be confirmed.

However, he observes his algorithm on the possibility of an important device for Alzheimer's treatment: "If we discover the disease, the researchers will have an opportunity to find better ways to slow down or stop the disease."

Source link