A loop of Easter plants called Easter flowers in a memorial program organized by the State AIDS Coordinator (Cessida) to mark the 25th anniversary of World AIDS Day in Plaza del Calouil, Madrid. EFE / Sergio Barnsia
World AIDS Day provides 10 HIV / AIDS data:
Data1. HIV affects the immune system cells
Immunodeficiency causes the development of the immune system, reducing the body's ability to meet certain infections and other illnesses. The most advanced phase of HIV infection (AIDS) (EQOED Immunofficiens Syndrome), defined by one or more opportunistic infections or 20 potential cancers.
Data 2. HIV infection forms
- A person associated with a sexually transmitted (vaginal or obscene) or blocking relationship.
- Contaminated blood or blood products or contaminated tissue transfusion.
- Solutions or injection tools (needles, syringes) or devices used for drugs.
- The use of surgical equipment or other contaminated sharp devices.
- Transfer of the baby from the mother during pregnancy, delivery, or breastfeeding.
Data 3. Prevent HIV transmission
- Do not take risks when engaging in sex, for example a condom use.
- Take screening tests
- Avoid injection of drugs or, if necessary, use sterile needles and syringes.
- Ensure that the HIV-infected blood or blood is required.
- Accept voluntary medical male circumcision while living in one of the 14 countries that encourage interventions.
- If you have HIV, start antiretroviral therapy as fast as you can for your own benefit, sexually transmitted infections or drug users to prevent HIV infection or a baby (if pregnant or breastfeeding).
- Use pre-exposure prophylaxis before potentially high-risk behavior; Post-exposure profiles are required if there is a possibility of HIV infection.
Data 4. In the world of HIV-infected 36.7 million people live in low and middle income countries. It is estimated that 35 million people have been killed by the AIDS related causes. That is 1.1 million in 2015.
Data 5. HIV can prevent the joint treatment of antiretroviruses in the body.
Data 6. By 2016, 18.2 million people received treatment in the world.
Data 7. HIV tests will help ensure the treatment of those in need.
Data 8. It is estimated that 1.8 million children suffer from HIV infections.
Data 9. The elimination of mother's baby is becoming a reality.
Data 10. HIV is a major risk factor for active tuberculosis.
Premonition for early detection of HIV
According to the Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare, people living with HIV-infected between 140,000 and 170,000 are believed to be living in Spain. 18% of these cases have not been diagnosed yet.
In the year 2017, 3,381 new diagnoses were reported, and 100,000 people were affected by the disease. This will increase.
As the patient's associations claim, "we are continuing to continue", as well as the early diagnosis of viruses. Therefore, the Spanish Society of Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology (SEMIX), Aids Study Group (Geesida)Recommendations for discovery of HIV infection"
1 HIV testing should be encouraged to promote early diagnosis.
2. Although there are quick inspections and self-examinations, definite diagnostic is determined only in specialized laboratories.
3. The test must be voluntary and confidential, and the person who has done it must have access to the entire population, with the consent of the notified.
4. This may be required in any doctor's consultation. This is done in some pharmaceuticals and voluntary organizations.
5. Occasionally, this test must be performed when blood or organs, admission into some helpful human reconstruction methods, accepting and receiving sperm.
6 Sexual examination of pregnant women, penitentiary institutions and prisoners should be conducted in each person aged between 20 and 59 years.
7. It is good to conduct HIV programs through a combination of symptoms (blood, semen, pre-seminar fluid, vagina, regal saps, breast milk) and symptoms and symptoms. / Or infections, and HIV-infected tumors.
8. A negative result does not exempt a recent infection (within the last two weeks of the test by three months), so if the risk is at that time, then the HIV test should be repeated within 2-4 weeks. After three months.
9. If the test result is positive, it needs to be confirmed. It is necessary to make a filling analysis for prevention of HIV and to begin the treatment of antiviral therapy.
10. If the HIV infection is confirmed, the virus will not be able to detect, increase the immune system, improve living conditions and impede the possibility of transmitting infectious diseases.